Thursday, January 26, 2012

Upcycling

With little ones we are constantly using straws and I wanted to find a better storage spot for them instead of the box or bag they come in.  I thought about buying a new canister or jar to put them in, but then thought is there anything I have on hand that would work? 

I have been saving old pasta sauce jars and thought this would work great.  I added a simple label from chalkboard contact paper, and viola!  I think this would have taken only 2 minutes if I didn't rewrite "straws" about 15 times.  

Now a much nicer holder for our straws and the best part, free!  Had everything on hand.

From this:
To this:

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I didn't even know chalkboard contact paper existed! This is a cute idea! I have lots of jars to "upcycle', so this will be on my list now for our straws! Cute!

    ReplyDelete